Saturday, March 13, 2010

One Wild Ride



The ladies in my family took our first, but not last, girls only mini vacation last year around this time. Branson was our destination, and it was a definite good time, but it began as a bit more of an adventure than we had expected. Afterall, our goal was rest and relaxation, and a little shopping of course! Here's the short version of the story, and the reason I HAD to make these mini scrapbooks for each of them.


We began at my home in the evening, and decided before leaving, we'd be using my cousin's GPS system, which was appropriately named Bridgette. Several had been to Branson before, knew the way, just not necessarily from our new starting point, my home. We input all the appropriate information Bridgette needed to get us there, and we were on our way. Little did we know, Bridgette didn't know where in the world she was taking us! We went through so many small towns I had never heard of, I don't think I could even count them all. Traveling backroads through Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri inevitably means winding, winding roads! S curves around every corner. To make matters worse, ALL of us are extremely suseptible to car sickness. If we heard Bridgette say in her utterly annoying electronic voice "Recalculating" one more time, or saw another S curve sign on the road, I was afraid one of us might throw Bridgette right out the window. Thankfully, it didn't come to that. About 2 hours after we SHOULD have arrived in Branson, we made it there safely. But obviously not without a few hiccups along the way. Thankfully, we were able to laugh about our adventure the next day, and are constantly making insider jokes about our wild ride. :)


So that they can relive the fun memories often, I wanted to make them some kind of momento. I found these darling chipboard albums and started the project. I think they turned out well, and I'm so excited to give them to my family soon! I've posted a few pics of the album below.












I'm not posting the "After" page as I"m afraid of the punishment I might face if they find out Iposted it on my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment